30 August 2011

Homeless

Ever since I was a youngin

I was taught t count and draw

But what effect does that have on me now

I am here on the pavement

Without an address

In a box I live

Have no money

I have no food

But that will never break me

Cause my heart is strong

I can’t be broken

No matter how had it becomes

I am strong

I am here

My heart is heavy with the burden

But all I have to do it let go

I am then forgiven

And my heart becomes free

I try not to sin

But it is human nature

I will never be perfect

But I sure can try

I see you glaring down on me

What have I every done to you

I have respected you

And still you shun me

Why are you doing this

Why cant you see

I was just like you

Until evil took over

I was consumed

Left for dead

Unable to see

But then I believe in him

And I was forgiven

Just as you can be

He will show you the way

The true life

Don’t let the underdog take you

Find a way and believe

Cause that is the only way

No comments:

Post a Comment